Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Eureka! Summer Reading Program

Photo: She's here! Rebecca is prepping for Summer Reading at SPL. Registration opens June 16, details to come soon!Registration for the TD Summer Reading Club begins Monday June 16 at 10am. Visit our Eureka! webpage to keep in the know as summer plans progress. Programs and events will be added next week. Now, here's a word from our Summer Student:

My name is Rebecca Johnson and I am VERY excited to be the Stratford Public Library’s Summer Program Coordinator for 2014. I have just completed my fourth year in the concurrent education program at Brock University and have a ton of experience working with children of various ages.  I still remember the exciting times that I had at the Stratford Library when I was young, and I hope that those attending our programs this summer will have an equally exciting experience. As the theme for this year is Eureka!, there will be plenty of creative, innovative, inventive and inspirational activities happening throughout the summer. Imaginations will run wild, hidden talents will be revealed, and participants will be encouraged to get messy, explore new ideas, and most importantly have fun!

“Let the wild rumpus start!”
― Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are

No comments:

Post a Comment