Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jobs: Decisions, Decisions

What do I want to do with my life? What am I good at? What education will I need to have the job I want? What career choice will make me happy?

If you think I can answer those questions I'm sorry, I can't. However, I can show you where to find information that will help make these tough decisions a little bit easier.

Take a questionnaire on Career Cruising to get matched with careers that fit your talents and interests. Then, read profiles including educational requirements, interviews with people working in the field, and a breakdown of why a specific career is a good match for you.

Finding the right career can be a daunting and high stakes task: finding an appropriate institution of learning, job searching, and maintaining a career are all topics covered by, Vocation & Careers eCollection, providing current and applicable content for all vocational milestones. Offering content from nearly 400 journals, this collection provides content from general career guides to highly specialized industry journals.

Visit the SPL Career Centre on the main floor. When you find books on BiblioCommons located under “CC” they are part of that collection! Some are Circulating, meaning you can check them out of the library, while others are Reference, meaning they have to be used in the library.
Click HERE for a list of career-related materials available at the library!

The Teen Lounge includes links for College and Jobs that may also be of interest!
See HERE for a list of trusted websites on employment!

Need help with a resume or cover letter? Look HERE! The library has free public access computers with all the necessary software to build your resume and access to the Internet to do your saavy job searching!

Still haven't found what you're looking for? Please, come visit us at the Reference Desk, we are always happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment